- Student Services
- Writing at the Doctoral Level
- Knowledge Area Module (KAM)
- Course Writing Guides
- Capstone Studies
- Form & Style Review
- Writing for Publication
Writing for Publication
Submitting your work for publication is an important part of professional scholarship, and you can begin this process while you are still a student! The pages in this section (click on the links to the left to navigate) will help you learn about the entire process, from writing a cover letter to composing a successful abstract to presenting at a professional conference.
Additionally, Walden's Center for Research Quality has a wealth of resources to help you understand and navigate the process of scholarly publication. From learning about your role in the scholarly community to becoming familiar with research methods and skills, these materials can prepare you for the exciting process of research dissemination. Below are a few resources available from various other centers at Walden University.
- The Center for Research Quality (CRQ) has a self-paced tutorial that discusses research purposes, audiences, venues, and other research dissemination basics.
- Under the Research and Planning section of the CRQ site, you will find resources that can help during your Walden writing and as you move toward publication, including guidance on research approaches and frameworks, conducting literature reviews, and purposes of research.
- In the Research Design and Analysis section of the same page, you will find tutorials on qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- The Walden Library also offers a webinar on e-publishing that you can access here.
- Career Services has an archived webinar recording with Dr. Daniel Salter on Strategies for Getting Published (.wmv file) along with slides and a transcript of the recording.
Did you know that Walden University publishes several journals? Consider submitting your writing to the International Journal of Applied Management and Technology; the Journal of Educational Research and Practice; the Journal of Social, Behavioral, and Health Sciences; or the Journal of Social Change!
Find out more at www.publishing.waldenu.edu.