- Student Services
- Writing at the Doctoral Level
- Knowledge Area Module (KAM)
- Course Writing Guides
- Capstone Studies
- Form & Style Review
- Writing for Publication
Whether you are working on presenting your ideas in an academic voice or learning the finer points of APA style, the Walden Writing Center is here to help you achieve your writing goals. We offer:
- One-on-one paper reviews,
- Live webinars,
- Handouts and tutorials on our website, and
- Updates and writing advice on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and the Writing Center Blog.
Our professional writing staff can provide observations on your writing strengths and challenges, and we can suggest ways you can develop your writing. To schedule a one-on-one review, visit the Paper Reviews page. You will be asked to make a reservation in our online system, attach your paper, and provide information on where you need assistance. Please read through our Paper Reviews page and Policies to get started. There is no fee to use our services.
To make best use of the Writing Center paper review service, we recommend the following:
- Attach a draft that has been through Microsoft Word’s spell checking feature and/or the online grammar-checking program, Grammarly. This initial screening will ensure that we can spend more time focusing on higher-level issues than on mechanical errors.
- Approach our feedback with a goal of developing your writing skills rather than "fixing" just that document. We will point out patterns that you can learn from. See this link for some examples of what you can expect.
- Before you attach a paper to your appointment for review, use previous feedback from your instructor, peer reviewer, or writing staff to revise each new submission. Our goal is to help you improve based on the feedback you receive.
- Read the writing staff bios to get to know our staff.
You can also e-mail us questions at any time at email@example.com.
If you have writing or APA questions about the proposal or final doctoral study, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the material throughout this site will be useful for all Walden students, including those in undergraduate, master's, and doctoral programs. The only exceptions are the “undergraduate,” “graduate,” and “faculty” tabs, which contain information specific to those readers.
Writing in the Disciplines
The Writing Center's website has moved!
Please find us at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter.
To continue using the old site, click outside the white box. Note that this old site will no longer be updated. If you are looking for a specific page on the new site, please consult this list of links from the old site mapped to the new site.
Happy New Year 2015!